Variations in Asthma Symptoms
Not all people have all symptoms—the symptoms can be different from one attack to another and may vary in severity.
- Symptoms can be mildly annoying.
- Symptoms can be serious enough to make you stop what you are doing.
- Symptoms can be so serious they are life threatening.
Symptoms also differ in how often they occur.
- Some people with asthma only have symptoms once every few months.
- Some people have symptoms every week.
- Others have symptoms every day.
With proper treatment, most people with asthma can expect minimal or no symptoms.