Baked Lemon Chicken
- 3½ pounds chicken - skinned and cut into 10 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ thinly sliced cloves of garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1½ cups chicken stock or water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced into 10 slices, seeds removed
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
- Lay chicken pieces into a 11x13 baking pan. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
- Combine onions, stock, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Heat to a boil.
- Pour hot lemon mixtue around chicken. Top each chicken piece with a lemon slice.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees until golden brown and juices are clear colored.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Size: 2 pieces
Time: 30 minutes
- Per Recipe: $ 5.37
- Per Serving: $ 1.07
Source: Adapted from Food Family Fun, USDA Team Nutrition