Families and individuals who qualify for medical care under Medicaid may have those benefits administered by Presbyterian Health Plan through Presbyterian Salud. More New Mexicans are enrolled in Presbyterian Salud than in any other plan.
To enroll in Presbyterian Salud, please call the state of New Mexico at 1-888-532-8093, or mark your enrollment card for Presbyterian Salud and mail it to the state.
This Handbook will help you understand your Salud benefits. You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader (it's free) to read these files:
- Member Handbook
- Manual Para Los Miembros
- If you or your child has special health care needs, we have a handbook to help you. The Handbook for Individuals with Special Health Care Needs has information about getting the care your or your child needs (Manual para las Personas con Necesidades Especiales en los Servicios Clinicos).
History of Presbyterian Salud: A Leader In Medicaid Managed Care
Presbyterian Salud began in July 1997 as part of the state of New Mexico's managed care solution to increasing costs and low quality and access in Medicaid fee-for-service.
Presbyterian Salud provides the following benefits:
- Doctor's office visits (see the Presbyterian Salud Provider Directory)
- Specialist office visits
- Maternity care
- Hospital admission
- Emergency medical services
- Laboratory, X-ray and medical imaging
- Organ transplants
- Children's preventive health programs
- Hospice services
- Special rehabilitation services
- Vision services
- Dental services
- Home healthcare
Like all Presbyterian Health Plan members, healthcare services must be ordered by your Primary Care practitioner. For more information on Presbyterian Salud:
- Members please call - (505) 923-5200 or 1-888-977-2333
- Providers please call - (505) 923-5757 or 1-888-923-5757
- Navajo Hot Line (505) 923-5157 (in Albuquerque) or 1-888-806-8793 (outside Albuquerque)
Behavioral health services are provided by OptumHealth.
Services are funded in part under contract with the State of New Mexico.
Salud members may contact Customer Service via email.
Customer Service Information
Salud Customer Service is available between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed holidays) at 1 (505) 923-5200, or call toll-free 1-888-977-2333. Hearing-impaired members, please call the TTY number at 1-888-872-7568. If you call after hours, your call will be answered by our automatic phone system. You can use this system:
- To leave a message to call you back in the morning
- Leave a message that you have a complaint or appeal
- Get help right away for transportation needs
- Talk to a nurse at the the Nurse Advice Line right away if you have a health question
Salud members may contact Customer Service via e-mail.
Presbyterian Salud Provider Locations:
Fraud and Abuse
The Presbyterian Health Plan and Presbyterian Insurance Company's Special Investigative Unit (SIU) is responsible for the detection, investigation and reporting of potential fraud and abuse activity. We are required to cooperate with regulatory and law enforcement agencies in reporting any activity that appears to be suspicious in nature. According to the law, any information that we have concerning such matters must be turned over to the appropriate governmental agencies. Find out more.
New User? Register now to view and pay your medical bills, visit your doctor, view claims, get insurance quotes, and more.