- Children's Center Home
- About Us
- Pediatric Multi-Specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Child Life Program
- Rachel's Courtyard
- Childhood Immunizations
- Health Info for Moms
- ABQ - Northside Pediatrics
- ABQ - Pediatric Surgery
- ABQ - Pediatric Urgent Care
- Rio Rancho Pediatrics
Vaccines work to protect infants, children, and adults from illnesses and death caused by infectious diseases. They are an important safeguard against many serious diseases.
Why Vaccinations are Important
- Making sure your child receives recommended immunizations (shots) is an important part of keeping your child healthy. It is always better to prevent a disease than to treat it.
- Vaccines work to protect infants, children, and adults from illnesses and death caused by infectious diseases.
- Immunizations are an important safeguard against many serious diseases.
- The U.S. currently has few cases of vaccine-preventable diseases, but the viruses and bacteria that cause them still exist.
- Diseases that have been eliminated in this country, such as polio, are just a plane ride away.
- Infectious diseases can be passed on to people who are not protected by vaccines.
- If a child is not vaccinated and is exposed to a disease germ, the child’s body may not be strong enough to fight the disease.
- Before we had vaccines, many children died from diseases such as whooping cough, measles, and polio. Those same germs still exist today.
Successful immunization programs help to prevent these diseases. Keep a shot record for each child and take it with you to all medical appointments, even Urgent Care. Even if a child has a minor illness, they can still get the shots they need to be protected for life.
Your Health Information
To Request a Copy of Your Health Records:
- Please print and complete the Patient Information Form (.pdf).
- Return the completed Patient Information Form to the facility where you received service, and we will process your request.
Need information as you determine what to do about your symptoms?
Use the Symptom Checker from WebMD.
The Children's Center
1100 Central Ave. SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
NICU 800-432-4600, ext.1090
Pediatric Urgent Care (Albuquerque)
1100 Central SE
Open every day, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Major holidays, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If possible, please arrive at least one hour before closing.